it seems like i am nest-baking up a storm! perhaps because i am mostly at home these last few days of being pregnant.
these cookies are so comforting and too easy to make ( and devour with loved ones ) that it’s hard not to share the love.
chewy + melty chocolate chip cookies : yields 12 3” cookies
3/4 cup raw sugar (ground up a little) or confectioners sugar
1/2 cup *room temperature* butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 large egg at *room temperature*
275 ml of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
1 cup of dark callebaut choco chips ( or any high quality dark chocolate chips )
baking instructions :
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- grease cookie sheet with butter and lightly dust with flour. put aside.
- mix flour, salt and baking soda together and put aside.
- combine butter + sugar together and beat on low just until mixed.
- beat in egg and vanilla to the butter mixture just until mixed.
- slowly mix flour mixture just until flour is incorporated.
- stir in chocolate chips by hand just until batter is evenly mixed.
- spoon 1.5” balls of dough onto baking sheet leaving space for 3” diameter cookies.
- bake for 10 minutes (or between 9 to 12 minutes depending on how hot your oven is).
- make sure to take cookies out before they are golden brown or they will be crunchy and not gooey. take them out while still a little soft and puffy.
- let cookies rest on baking sheet for 3 minutes and transfer them to a cooling rack for 30 minutes. enjoy them :)